Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Portrait by Pat Hayashi




Kelley MacDonald, a wonderful artist, friend, and classmate from Carol Marine's workshop suggested that I post this portrait that was mentioned in my very first post on this blog.
This beautiful oil portrait of me was done by Pat Hayashi, my friend and gallery mate. Pat did this portrait based on a terrific photograph of me that Carol Marine took during her fantastic "Daily Painting Workshop" in Santa Fe this past Sept. Pat, also a Carol Marine admirer, saw this photo on her blog and decided to use it as a reference for this portrait. To see the original photo, please go to carolmarine.blogspot.com. The photo is shown on the Sept. 22, 2008 post. Along the way, you will really enjoy seeing Carol's beautiful small daily paintings. To see more of Pat's beautiful work, go to lafayettegallery.net, the website for "The Lafayette Gallery" that Pat and I are members of. To see more of Kelley's beautiful work, go to a kelleymacdonaldsdailypaint.blogspot.com. I am so lucky to have so many talented and fabulous artist friends !!!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Nancy - a suggestion - crop this and use it as your avatar - and post it permanently on your blog above the 'about me' section. This is wonderful!