Thursday, February 11, 2010

One More

Still working with the lilies. The positive thing about this flower is that it lasts a long time. I usually go for the lilies when I buy fresh flowers, for that reason. Anyway, things are busy, as always. I managed to find a little bit of uninterrupted time and finished this one, yesterday, alla prima, all at once. I'm still trying to find a longer uninterrupted block of time to start and finish a larger one, but will most likely have to wait until next week. We're headed out of town for the long weekend. I'll try to get a little painting in while we're away, you never know! To all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and Presidents Day weekend!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Beautiful. Perfect for Valentine's. Love the contrast between the start white background and the rich reds in the lily. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Pam Holnback said...

i love both of these last two: the reds, the crispness, the composition. Great Valentine's paintings!

Karen Bruson said...

Nancy,
Another great lily painting. Strong composition and color. Love it.

Diane White said...

Nancy as always I love your style of painting. I think your lost and found edges work really well in this painting too. It helps me move in and out of it.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Happy Valentine's day to you, too! And I love the lilies. This reddish one really pops. I love your graphic sensibility, too. Have a wonderful weekend, girl!

Pam Holnback said...

I've passed the Sunshine Award on to you. Please go to my blog to get it.

susan hong-sammons said...

What fabulous lilies. I love the strong shapes that command your attention.
first time visitor and can't wait to see more!