Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wooden Floater Frames for Canvas Panels



I am so happy to finally find the frames that I have been looking for. I just received these great black wooden floater frames for canvas panels. They are from Franken Frames. The top photo shows a framed painting. The middle photo shows the support piece inside the wooden floater frame. Roger, from Franken Frames, 800 322-5899, told me over the phone, what to order, and how to put it together. He suggested using clear silicone caulking to attach the separate support piece to floater frame. Once this is done, the canvas panel should be attached to the support piece using more clear silicone caulking, or Velcro. Either way, the canvas panel can be changed out, to allow for use with different paintings on panels. The bottom photo shows the two separate pieces. He also suggested painting the support piece black, which I did. It was so wonderful to work with someone that is helpful, and knew exactly what I wanted! Thank you , Roger!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Your painting just ROCKS in there! Good for you! Hope you don't mind if we steal your idea!

Karen Bruson said...

Very cool, thank you. I have been struggling with frames for 6x6 and 6x8 panels and my favorite are floaters!!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

I love my my new frames. Thank you, Kelley, and Karen for you comments. I realized later that the link to Franken Frames is incorrect. the website is actually frankenframes.com. Hope this helps!

pve design said...

Nancy-
Great frames. I wanted to thank-you for your kind comments and for entering the little cake giveaway.
I am happy to host a giveaway of one of your little works of art.
best-
pve

Prerana Kulkarni said...

Very informative post, just what I was searching for! although the franken frames website is no more functional...
I was wondering if you also painted the edges of the canvas panel...otherwise it would show up white.. isn't it?

Prerana Kulkarni said...

Very informative post, just what I was looking for, although the franken frame website is not functional... I was curious - did you also paint the side edges of the canvas panel? Otherwise it would show up as white isn't it?

Anette (Ahlholm) Power said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anette (Ahlholm) Power said...

Hi Nancy, Thank you so much! I hope you don't mind I just shared all about these frames on my blog. I had the pleasure of talking to Roger who knew exactly who you were and was so helpful in getting me the same kind of frames. They just arrived in the mail and I'm very excited. Loved seeing your work as well!

Unknown said...

thanks Nancy... this was helpful... i'm talking to roger now.