Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moving Forward, Back to the Familiar

After a very busy, and exhausting week, with no time for painting, I was determined to block out some painting time this afternoon. I decided to make things easy, and paint something familiar. Tomatoes are always fun, and uplifting! So here we are. This was the better of two paintings done on a rainy Sunday.
While I was painting, Brian was watching Tiger Woods, in the background. I couldn't help but be impressed, after all of his recent personal problems, and being away from the game for 144 days, Tiger was still able to be competitive, and placed fourth in the Masters. Not that this has anything to do with painting. I have to say, I admire Tiger's ability to rise above his personal difficulties, and perform, under pressure. A lesson for us all. No matter what else is going on, we need to keep moving forward.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

These are great! You seem to have nailed the reds!

Amy Hillenbrand said...

Glad to see you back. Your tomatoes look so happy. Painting is a great way to clear your mind and be in the moment.

pve design said...

Excellent message, a reminder for each of to remember to get back in the game of life, even during difficult times. Love your "maters!" Hope you are back to painting and making sauce or something good with those tomatoes.
pve

Lisa Daria said...

Oooh - I like this - I like the composition very much - nice -

Karen Bruson said...

Another great still life. The tomatoes are fabulous!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I never get tired of tomato paintings. I also like the placement of them,