Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Portrait by Susan Carlin

Another beautiful portrait, based on the great photo from Carol Marine's blog. This one was painted by Susan Carlin. Carol emailed me, telling me that 2 artist's had asked for her OK to use her photo as a reference for a future painting. I emailed Carol back, saying that I'd probably want to buy any potential portraits and to let me know if she heard of any actually being completed. Carol told me to get in touch with Susan. Susan Carlin is a fabulous artist, specializing in portraits. To see more of her wonderful work, go to her blog, susansartjournal.blogspot.com.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Hey, looks great! Thanks for posting the painting, Nancy. And for your kind words. The other painting is beautiful, too. Let the artist know I send applause, will you?

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Both are fabulous! How exciting for you. And I was there the day the photo was taken.

Unknown said...

What an honor to have two of your friends paint you this way! Thanks for sharing those with us!

xoxo
jul

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is a wonderful painting of you! WOW!